Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Day at the Gym

Day 4: Fitness!

We started today the healthy way: a wild hair had us at the gym at 9 in the morning, at the local YMCA (admission, $14). I jogged on the treadmill while Caroline used the rowing machine, then we did weights for another half an hour. Mostly women and old, battered men. It felt good to exercise, and we after coming home, showering, and breakfast, we were motivated enough to drive to a close gym and sign up for a two month membership. Revolution Gym is rather awesome, as it should be for $100 bucks a month. Sign up involved a complete health survey and tomorrow we go back for the first of two private training sessions with a personal trainer. Dr. Denny would be proud! On top of that, we get to participate in unlimited group classes, which include boot camp (taught by a real police officer), pilates, fight classes and others. Caroline and I have high hopes!

After that, we went to Northland Shopping Center (a mall). I stopped by the post office to get stamps and one more postcard—only to realize I don’t know anyone’s address! So Melanie and Mom, I’m sorry but your postcards will get to you indirectly. We ate a late lunch at Pancake Parlor, where Caroline’s brother Chris’s wife (Tanya) works. Today is Pancake Day, a French tradition that celebrates pancakes. America celebrates pancakes everyday, so the concept was lost on me. *wink*

We bought groceries at Safeway, came home and made an impromptu casserole with noodles, chicken, tomatoes and chickpeas. Caroline is setting up her iPod; a purchase from today meant to help motivate her at the gym, and I’m downloading iTunes and Limewire to use with my iPod. I wish John were here to help!

No pics today; it was cloudy and no one wants to see a sweaty me-at-the-gym.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Boring. You go to Australia for 2 month vacation and join a gym! LOL, you are funny! Love the pics from the day before.

Anonymous said...

Hi again Honey,
I emailed you since I didn't know how to operate this blog thing. Sorry. Are Australian pancakes like American ones?
Love you......................