Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rainy Days





Tuesday was a relaxing day, starting off with yoga outside under an overcast sky. The sun came out for a bit while we were walking Hillie down to the op shop where she volunteers, but disapeared again in the late afternoon.

That morning, though, Caroline and I went crazy in the op shop! I can't believe that such a small town can have such awesome finds! I found quite a few gifts (books and knick knacks) and a few shirts. Then Hillie showed us the 'dress up' box, where the more outlandish articles were stored, and I found an awesome yellow cape and a red silk karate robe. :) When other shoppers showed up, and gave me a wide berth, I thought I'd better start behaving.



But things turned serious when Caroline found some really pretty skirts. We could each find a new outfit to wear to the pub tomorrow night! Hillie's brother, John, was meeting us, along with Roscoe, Hillie's boy toy. ;) It was as good as occasion as any to dress up, so why not?!

Caroline and I left with big bags of goodies, including some games. When we got home again, it was time for lunch and writing. Hillie returned at a little past three, and while we were trying to psyche ourselves up for yard-work it started raining.

Caroline made us dinner (roast chicken drumsticks and gravy with roast veggies) and I helped Hillie do some dinnerware-rearranging. The rain continued through dinner and a game of Scrabble (Hillie's first) and throughout most of the night.

Also during the night, Squeakers came to visit me. I happened to wake up and hear movement on the floor behind me, then I felt delicate movement on the doona coming towards the back of my neck. Even as I hoped it was only Chester, I knew it was much to small and silent. I flung the blanket away from me and heard a small thump, followed by some scratchy scrabbles around the baseboards to the door.

Turns out none of us slept very well; while I was listening for Squeakers, Hillie and Caroline were getting eaten alive by mozzies. :(

Wednesday was much the same: too wet for yoga but we ate breakfast and returned to the op shop. It was closed but Hillie let us in and showed us the Back Room. Caroline and I needed shoes to go with our new pretty outfits, and Caroline needed a better blouse. We turned over every inch of the place and left with just as much stuff as the day before! I found three really nice backpacks, too, and some knee-high black leather boots! Caroline found a few really great tops that compliment her gorgeous bohemian-style skirt.

On the way home we stopped at the Pyramid Bakery for some cakes for after lunch, and some chips (fries). Lunch was a combo of leftovers and the crispy, salty, yummy fries and Caroline and I worked on our novels while Hillie caught up with Facebook.

When we got restless, we headed out to do some yard work. After a while of weeding and mowing, we came to enjoy the cake and tea, and Caroline and I got in some more writing.

Now we are getting ready for our night out... Gotta go get dressed!! Pictures will come!

No comments: