Saturday, March 20, 2010

Breakfast with Tanya

FRIDAY MARCH 20th

Caroline's sister-in-law, Tanya, picked us up this morning and took us to one of Caroline's favorite restaurants, Rivers, for a 10:30 brunch. It's also a nursery with some beautiful plants and decorations, and the food is AMAZING. Last time I was here I had their signature berry crepes, which were to DIE for, and this time I had herbed scrambled eggs on brioche. Guh.


We strolled through the nursery afterward and somehow managed to escape without buying anything. It was a little past 1 pm when we arrived home... we had no idea we'd chatted that long! Tanya's great... all of Caroline's family is.

Back at home, Caroline and I sat down to write and blog. There was some procrastination, as is the nature of a writer, and we did this food quiz Caroline found, which gives information about the kinds of foods an individual should eat based on their metabolic system. It was extremely useful and really clarified how certain foods affect your mood. I always knew I didn't like much heavy food, and now I know that my body really does run better on more fruits and vegetables, whereas Caroline is the opposite. It was late afternoon and armed with our new knowledge, we ran to the grocery store to get some dinner, as well as things to take with us on our 10 hour drive tomorrow.

Chris, Caroline's brother, and Tanya came over for dinner and had fish and chips while I had a fish fillet Caroline grilled. She had a super-tender steak and we added leftover chard and quinoa from last night, and also some baked potatoes. It was great. We all watched Runaway Vacation staring Robin Williams... what a hilarious little family movie!

So tomorrow at 9:30, Caroline's friend Louise will be picking up Caroline and I and driving us to her vacation home in Tathra, on the beach. Internet is dial-up and we'll have to share, so communication WILL BE LIMITED but I am not dead. I'll let everyone know when we get back to Melbourne, if not before. I'm sure Caroline's mom will post updates about us to Facebook, if I can't. ;)

We're mostly packed and the rest of the house has gone to bed... I'll soak up some sun and get sand in my hair for everyone that can't!

Goodnight!!

No comments: