Friday, March 19, 2010

Diggers and Cape Schank

March 17th, 2010
Wednesday

This morning Caroline and I got up early (before the sun rise) and decided that today was the day we travel to Diggers, located a couple hours south. Diggers is a nursery but also located on the grounds is Heronswood, an old mansion serving as a bed and breakfast that has been landscaped into beautiful gardens, and a cafe that uses primarily the produce grown on premises.

True to our nature, Caroline and I took a LEISURELY stroll through the amazing gardens and got lots of pictures:





There are way too many pictures to upload, so the rest are on Flickr. Caroline bought some seeds for her new garden bed and then, after spending a beautiful morning in the sun, left to enjoy our packed lunch by the beach. We ate veggie sticks and a can of baked beans (without a spoon!) as we watched a white-trashy family sunburn and get drunk. ;)

Caroline drove the long way home, taking me a littler further south to Cape Schank, a BREATHTAKING rocky piece of coast where we walked a boardwalk all the way down to the shore.

Video of Cape Schank:


Once we were by the water, we investigated the rock pools:



This place was SO amazing--I'm so glad I got to see it!
On the way home we stopped by Arthur's Seat to look out over a huge portion of the coast. My good camera had died by then but Caroline got some pictures for the both of us.

And good news--Track My Tour works to capture my location even without WiFi, so I was able to include the day's stops in that blog as well.
Track My Tour entry:
http://trackmytour.com/1211

By the end of the day we were exhausted, but in a very good way. Tomorrow Caroline's mom is coming so that she can dog-sit while we're in Tathra at the beach house. Tara is also coming over and we're going to have a Mexican Fiesta for dinner! Lots to plan for!!

No comments: