Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friday: Yard Work!



March 19th

Left over Mexican food for breakfast!! I actually had fruit, but Caroline and her mom dove in and it was just as good, if not better than the night before. ;)

Then it was back to work in the garden! We ran back to Bulleen for some more plants: lemon thyme, mint, kale and XXX. Also picked up some mulch and fertilizer for the lemon tree. Then back into our gardening clothes and we spent the whole afternoon weeding and planting and fertilizing and sweeping and then Caroline gave me the PRUNERS and I got to hack things down and it was GREAT! Caroline was the creator and I was the destroyer. ;) And at the end of the day, this is what she created:



And this is the path I cleared:


Caroline's mom came out and helped too, and there's no better purpose for a garden than to bring everyone together and provide a sense of achievement as well as nourishment. I love the feeling of having helped build something.

After all that work, we were pretty tired. Caroline found a great recipe for all the rainbow chard she's grown, and I threw together a stuffing for a MONSTER red bell pepper she'd also grown, and Caroline also made some awesome quinoa to round it out.


I haven't ever had a vegetarian meal that good! We plonked down in front of the TV to watch some more My Kitchen Rules, but both of us were sleeping before the end.


Needless to say, it was a great night's sleep. ;)

No comments: